Employee engagement is crucial to the success of any organisation. Engaged employees are more productive, motivated, and committed to their work, resulting in better business outcomes. As we head into 2023, it’s essential to stay up-to-date with the latest employee engagement trends. In this article, we’ll explore the top 5 employee engagement trends for 2023, and how you can implement them in your organisation to keep your employees happy and productive.
Top 5 Employee Engagement Trends:
- Emphasis on well-being
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Employee recognition and appreciation
Employee Engagement Trend #1: Emphasis on Well-being
One of the most significant employee engagement trends for 2023 is an increased emphasis on well-being. As organisations have recognised the importance of mental health and physical well-being, they are offering more resources and programs to support their employees.
Ways to prioritise well-being in your workplace:
- Offer mental health support programs and resources
- Provide opportunities for physical exercise and healthy eating
- Encourage employees to take breaks and prioritise self-care
- Seek out employee feedback & create initiatives based on the responses
- Promote work-life balance by offering flexible work arrangements
Employee Engagement Trend #2: Flexible Work
In 2023, more and more organizations will embrace flexible work arrangements. Remote work and hybrid work models have become increasingly popular, and employees expect more flexibility from their employers.
How you can implement flexible work arrangements:
- Offer remote work options for certain roles
- Allow employees to create their schedules
- Offer part-time or job-sharing opportunities
- Provide technology and equipment to support remote work
Want to see an in-depth method of staying equally connected with your remote & in-house employees? Check out our CEO Fraser’s article in Brainz Magazine.
Employee Engagement Trend #3: Growth & Development
Employees want to feel like they are growing and developing in their roles. In 2023, organizations will continue to invest in employee growth and development.
Ways to provide opportunities for growth and development:
- Offer training and development programs
- Provide mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Create clear career paths for employees
- Encourage employees to pursue additional education or certifications
Get a closer look at the link between employee engagement and career development.
Employee Engagement Trend #4: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) have become essential components of employee engagement. In 2023, organisations will continue to focus on creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
A few ways to prioritise DEI in your organisation:
- Create a DEI task force or committee
- Provide DEI training and education
- Establish clear DEI policies and goals
- Encourage employee feedback on DEI initiatives
Employee Engagement Trend #5: Employee Recognition & Appreciation
Finally, employee recognition and appreciation are crucial for employee engagement. In 2023, organizations will focus on recognizing and appreciating their employees more than ever before.
How to show appreciation to your employees:
- Offer public recognition and praise for accomplishments
- Provide bonuses or other incentives for outstanding work
- Celebrate employee milestones and achievements
- Ask for employee feedback and act on it
Want a roadmap to better employee engagement?